Monday, October 11, 2010

Brand Loyalty: Banking Institutions

When I was trying to think of a topic of brand loyalty, one of the first things that came to mind was banks. Banking institutions are a topic that I think about alot, more specifically why people stick with different banks for so long. Is it because they feel like that specific bank is more trustworthy because of the image the brand is known for? For example, TD Bank tries to make themselves look more down to earth and friendly, while Scotiabank tries to come across as more trustworthy and easier to approach. All banks are the same so why do people choose one over the other? The answer is obviously brand loyalty. The bank you choose is usually chosen for you by your parents, when they go to open a junior account for your weekly allowance. Personally, I havn't changed my banking institution since my grandma took all my dad's rolled coins (which turned out to be hundreds of dollars) one afternoon and took me to Scotiabank to open a "Getting There" Savings account. I got one of those old school bank books that had my balance printed on it instead of a debit card. The reason why I have never changed where I do my banking is because I've developed loyalty to my bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment